Company Secretarial Services
Where a business trades as a limited company the Board of Directors will often delegate many of the more routine and administrative tasks to the Company Secretary who is also an officer of the company. The duties of a Company Secretary commonly include:
- Filing annual returns, accounts, notification of director changes and other forms required with the Registrar of Companies at Companies House.
- Maintaining the company's statutory registers including the Register of Directors and Secretaries, Register of Members, Register of Directors' Interests and Register of Mortgages and Charges.
- Maintaining the company's Minute Book.
- Ensuring that the company's name is correctly displayed at its business premises and on all headed note paper and other business documents and notices.
- Certifying transfers and issuing share certificates.
- Arranging dividend payments when a dividend is declared by the directors.
Every company must have a Company Secretary and we provide the following services to assist in ensuring that the necessary duties are dealt with efficiently:
- Provide Registered Office facilities.
- Maintaining the company's statutory registers.
- Drafting notices, resolutions and minutes for company meetings.
- Filing of forms, returns and accounts with Companies House.
- Providing information on all registered companies through our "Companies House On-Line" facilities.
- Checking company name availability and dealing with formation of new companies or name changes.
- General Advice on company law.
Require more information?
If you would like more information or would like to speak to us direct then call us on 0115 978 7291. Or if you would prefer, ask us a question online.