Probate Work and Estate Management
Lemans are authorised by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) to carry out non contentious probate work and estate administration.
Lemans has served the Nottingham business community and beyond for over 100 years and offers a comprehensive range of accountancy and advisory services.
The firm has been assisting with estate work for several years, however probate was one service it could not offer until now.
As accountants it makes good sense for us to provide this extra service when we are already providing inheritance tax and succession planning advice. Our clients trust us implicitly to handle their financial affairs. We have the knowledge and expertise to handle complex accounting and financial matters of the deceased’s assets and liabilities on death. We have found that some solicitors are often not comfortable with the financial intricacies surrounding probate leading to added stress and cost.
See ICAEW’s short video ‘why choose an accountant for probate services’
Clients will be able to choose the level of service they require at the outset. We can either carry out the entire probate and administration process or we can assist in those areas where help is needed.
Leman’s full probate and estates administration service includes;
- Compiling details of the deceased’s assets and liabilities
- Obtaining professional valuations
- Completing inheritance tax (IHT) accounts and returns
- Claiming appropriate IHT reliefs and exemptions and calculating the IHT payable and arranging payment of IHT
- Applying for and obtaining the grant of representation
- Gathering in or selling the assets of the estate
- Settling the debts of the deceased
- Reviewing potential tax savings through a variation of the Will within 2 years
- Dealing with income and capital gains tax liabilities of the estate
- Paying legacies and distributing assets to the beneficiaries
- Preparing final estate accounts
Fees will be based on the time spent, taking into account the complexity involved rather than simply charging a fixed percentage of the estate value, which many other providers do. We feel that this method of charging is fairer and will be better value for money for our clients.
Further information on Leman’s services can be obtained by contacting Helen Macmillan on 0115 9787291 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the Leman’s Diversity Questionnaire Summary please click here.
Require more information?
If you would like more information or would like to speak to us direct then call us on 0115 978 7291. Or if you would prefer, ask us a question online.